HOW TO BOOK:
Please submit your name and details below, along with the date you would like to book your glassblowing lesson, and we will contact you to confirm. To secure your booking, full payment must be received in advance.
Glass blowing courses: Learn to blow glass at Clavering Glassworks, Essex
Glassblowing lessons: The one day lesson lasts for six hours and aims to provide an intensive introduction to this most exciting and challenging of craft disciplines.
Throughout the lesson, you will learn to gather molten glass from the furnace at a temperature exceeding 1100 degrees and manipulate it with a range of traditional glassmaking tools. You will be taught to apply colour and pattern to the clear glass so that by the end of the lesson, you will have produced a number of items from vessels to paper weights of your own design to take home and treasure.
- This glassblowing lesson is aimed at complete beginners, so no previous experience is necessary.
- Small class sizes - maximum of two students per instructor - so you will get plenty of one-on one instruction.
- All safety equipment and materials are provided.
- Please wear sensible, comfortable clothes, preferably layers, so you can remove the outer layer if you get hot; and flat, sturdy shoes. Long hair should be tied back.
- Complimentary hot and cold drinks will be provided but feel free to bring along drinks, snacks and a packed lunch. Lunch is available at the Lodge nearby.
- Students for glassblowing courses must be over 18 years of age.
- Please note that glass vessels and other pieces made during the lesson need to cool slowly in the kiln, so these can be picked up two days later, or alternatively these can be posted for a charge.
COST OF GLASSBLOWING COURSES:
One day (six hour) introductory glassblowing lesson (10am - 4pm): £200
Weekend glassblowing lesson (two six hour days) (10am - 4pm): £360
For a truly unique gift experience, we offer gift vouchers for glassblowing lessons for all these courses